The tour was really fun and we learned a lot of interesting things about Boston. The captains had some funny one liners but had a lot of great information about the history of Boston. You are able to get on and off at the stops and spend time sight seeing. I would recommend taking this tour because you learn a lot about the history of Boston. Reviewed by:Steven T.,
USA, September 2014 Read all 183 reviews » View recent photos »
"See Boston By Land & Sea"
Lowest Price From $35.00 USD $15.00 USD
Experience one of the most historic cities in America. See Beacon Hill, Newbury Street, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Charlestown, Bunker Hill Pavilion & more. Choose from 19 stops with over 100 points of interest. Enjoy a 1.5-hour narrated tour or hop on & off at your leisure. Boston hotel pickup & 45-minute harbor cruise (May to October) or the Mapparium® included.
Book and travel by September 30th and save up to 20% off based on option selected
100% Price Guarantee: We will refund the difference if you find a lower price online or at your destination. Find out more.
Departure Point:16 convenient locations around Boston (see Itinerary)
10am - 2pm (December to February)
Safety:100% safe. All transactions done securely.
Vouchers & Confirmation Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a receipt of booking by email. Within 48 hours (often on the very same day!) you will receive a voucher confirming all details.
Voucher Info: You must present a paper voucher for this tour. We will email a link to access and print your voucher at the Lead Travelers email address.
- Hop onboard the Beantown Trolley and enjoy a 1.5-hour narrated tour of Boston.
- Or, hop off at one of the 19 stops!
- And, hop back on whenever you want with unlimited access for the day.
- Shop at Faneuil Hall Marketplace.
- Visit the New England Aquarium, where you can take your free Harbor Cruise (approximately 45 minutes).
- Stop at the North End and get a taste of Little Italy.
- Admire the State House on Beacon Hill.
- Visit the Constitution Museum.
- Go face to face with the builder of the Great Pyramid at the Museum of Fine Arts.
- Bring your camera! Excellent photo opportunities await you.
This tour / activity has the following tour options. Click the "Check Availability" button to select a travel date and confirm availability for your preferred tour option.
1 Day Trolley Ticket
- Price from USD $35.00
- Trolley ticket valid for 24 hours after first use; includes harbor cruise or Mapparium admission
- Code: 1DAY
2 Day Trolley Ticket
- Price from USD $42.00
- Trolley ticket valid for 48 hours after first use; includes harbor cruise or Mapparium admission
- Code: 2DAY
Trolleys depart approximately every 20 minutes from 9:30am - 4:30pm.
- New England Aquarium & Faneuil Hall Marketplace: Board at Main Trolley Depot.
- Seaport District: Board at Northern Avenue at the Seaport Hotel.
- North End (Little Italy/Fleet Center): Board at Commercial Street at the skating rink.
- U.S.S Constitution: Board near the ship's museum.
- Old State House & Site of Boston Massacre: Board across from Old State House at Court Street.
- Tremont Hotel: Board at the hotel.
- City Place: Board at the corner of South Charles & Boylston Street.
- State House & Beacon Hill: Board at the front of the Shaw Memorial across from the State House.
- West End (Government Center): Board at the front entrance of the Holiday Inn Select.
- Cambridge Center: Board at Kendall Square T Station.
- Back Bay Hilton: Board at the front entrance of the Hotel.
- Museum of Fine Arts: Board at the front door of the museum.
- Symphony Hall: Board at the Midtown Hotel.
- Back Bay: Board at the Colonnade Hotel.
- Copley Place Shopping: Board at the Marriott Copley hotel under the canopy.
- Trinity Church: Board on the Dartmouth Street side of Copley Plaza.
- Hard Rock Cafe: Board at Hard Rock Cafe on Clarendon Street.
- Park Square: Board at Radisson Hotel on Stuart Street.
- Rowes Wharf: Board at Boston Harbor Hotel on Atlantic Avenue.
Your Harbor Cruise departs from the New England Aquarium, which is stop #1 on the trolley tour. The Harbor Cruise departs every hour on the half hour from 10:30am - 4:30pm and lasts for approximately 45 minutes. Cruise operates May through October only.
When the cruise is not in operation, visit the Mapparium®. This world-famous, three-story, stained-glass globe is one of the key attractions at the Mary Baker Eddy Library.
The Mapparium is 3-D perspective of the world of 1935, which is enhanced by A World of Ideas, an original presentation that features a rich orchestration of words, music and LED lights to illustrate how ideas have traversed time and geography and changed the world.
Trolley departs 9:30am - 4:30pm approximately every 20 minutes. Our trolley tours pickup from hotels that are stops along our trolley route. We also pickup from several out of town hotels in Braintree, Randolph, Quincy and Dedham. We recommend that you call our tour office for pickup times and availabilities.
If you are staying at any of the Boston hotels on our pickup list or those in Braintree, Randolph or Quincy, we may be able to transport you via motor coach and/or trolley to our Tour Office in Boston and you can start your trolley tour from there.
Please Note: The trolley is a hop on/hop off shuttle. There is no guarantee that you will be brought back to your Boston hotel at the end of the day. If your hotel is on the trolley route, the driver will try to accommodate your needs, but once the last tour ends, the drivers leave town for our garage. Those staying in Braintree, Randolph, Quincy or Dorchester, must be at the Tour Office by 5:00pm to return to your departure location.