I had a great time on this tour and really loved seeing Beacon Hill from a different perspective. Even for people who live in the area I think it is a new way to see the city. Reviewed by:Erin R.,
USA, August 2008 Read all 3 reviews »
"A Beacon In Boston" Boston, Massachusetts
Lowest Price From $40.00 USD $20.00 USD
Experience "Old Boston." Let our knowledgeable & friendly tour guide show you the best sights for the perfect shots as you listen to expert commentary on the history of Beacon Hill. Included is a helpful booklet, PhotoWalks Guide to Creative Photography!
100% Price Guarantee: We will refund the difference if you find a lower price online or at your destination. Find out more.
Operates: Tuesday and Saturday
Tuesday and Saturday
Departure Point: Beacon Street, Boston
Beacon Street, Boston
Tuesday, Saturday - 10:00am
Safety:100% safe. All transactions done securely.
Vouchers & Confirmation Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a receipt of booking by email. Within 48 hours (often on the very same day!) you will receive a voucher confirming all details.
Voucher Info: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Take a Photowalk through charming Beacon Hill!
- Expert tour narration & creative photo tips for capturing amazing pictures of Boston are provided by knowledgeable tour guide.
- Meet at Shaw Memorial - Colonel Robert Gould Shaw led America's first black regiment, the 54th.
- Check out where Paul Revere installed the first dome made of copper at the Massachusetts State House.
- Journey through Beacon Hill - amid elm trees, gas lanterns and winding cobblestone streets.
- Pass under the old elm trees of Mt. Vernon Street, which Henry James called the most beautiful street in America.
- See charming Charles Street, lined with the antique shops and conservative clothiers, high-end boutiques and houseware stores.
- Stop at Acorn Street - this street typifies the elegant architecture that changed the face of Boston after the American Revolution.
- Admire Louisburg Square - this cobblestone-covered block is the fabled birthplace of door-to-door Christmas caroling!
- Bring your camera for the best photo opportunities in Boston - after all this is a Photowalk!
Beacon Hill will impress you with its charming streets, brick sidewalks lined with gas lamps, hidden houses and parade of doors and doorknockers. This 19th century neighborhood is rich in history, elegant architecture & stately homes.
Discover the gems that make Beacon Hill sparkle and hear fascinating stories about the residents who once lived there. How did Beacon Hill get its name? Why do the street names have a common theme?
This photographic journey takes you from the Shaw Memorial to the picturesque streets of Beacon Hill. Stops along the way include Acorn Street and Louisburg Square.
Entrance fees are not included on this tour.
Restrooms are available at the hotels and visitor centers along our route.
Bring along your favorite camera or any camera, including disposable and digital, because these tours emphasize observational skills and the application of creative photo techniques.